Functions and basic regulations
Adif is responsible for managing a large part of rail infrastructure investments and running the General Interest Rail Network. Adif is generally governed by the Railway Sector Act.
Adif plays a key role of stewardship in the railway industry, facilitating access to infrastructure under fair conditions. Its goal is to promote Spanish railway transport by developing and running safe, efficient, and environmentally sustainable infrastructure to the highest standards of quality.
- Administration of rail infrastructure (e.g. tracks, stations, freight terminals)
- Management of railway traffic
- Allocation of capacity to railway operators
- Collection of fees for the use of infrastructure, stations and freight terminals
Guidelines, instructions, agreements, circulars and other documents with legal effects
- Anteproyectos de Ley y proyectos de Decretos Legislativos sobre el ferrocarril promovidos por el Ministerio de Fomento.
- Proyectos de Reglamentos ferroviarios promovidos por ADIF.
- Memorias e informes aportados por ADIF a los expedientes de elaboración de los textos normativos.
- Documentos sometidos a un período de información pública